- 1978 Bayer purchases Miles Laboratories (acquires Alka-Seltzer™ and Flintstones™ vitamins)
- 1994 Bayer Consumer Care Division created after acquisition of Sterling Winthrop products, including Bayer Aspirin in the U.S.
- 1996 Established 50:50 joint venture in the USA with Roche covering analgesics, including Aleve™, and vaginal yeast infection categories
- 2005 Bayer acquires Roche Consumer Health (includes Aleve™, Redoxon™, Bepanthen™, Supradyn™, Berocca™ and Elevit Pronatal™)
- 2006 Bayer AG acquires Schering AG, including Intendis GmbH and its dermatological portfolio (Advantan®, Travocort® and Skinoren®).
- 2007 Bayer Consumer Care expands marketing and sales capabilities in Eastern Europe with acquisition of Pharmonyx, Ltd.
- 2007 Bayer Consumer Care acquires Citracal™ line of over-the-counter calcium supplements from Mission Pharmacal Company
- 2008 Bayer Consumer Care acquires Sagmel, Inc.’s over-the-counter brand portfolio and related assets, including Theraflex™, Calcemin™, Nazol™ and Relief™, in the fast-growing Eastern European and Central Asian Region
- 2008 Bayer Consumer Care acquires over-the-counter Cough & Cold portfolio from Topsun Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
- 2009 Bayer Consumer Care acquires Desonate™ from SkinMedica, Inc.
- 2013 Bayer acquires Steigerwald Arzneimittelwerk GmbH, a company that specializes in pharmacy-only herbal medicines
- 2014 Bayer acquires Merck Consumer Care, including Claritin™, Coppertone™, Dr. Scholl’s™, Lotrimin™ and MiraLAX™ and Dihon Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd.
- 2014 Bayer acquires Dihon Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd., including Kang Wang®, Pi Kang Wang®, as well as the Traditional Chinese Medicine product Dan E Fu Kang®
The Opportunities for Growth Continue
Overall sales of our products in emerging markets have been strongly growing over the past years. Today, we are aggressively investing in fast-growing regions around the world to advance our international portfolio of products. Recent investments in China, Russia, Brazil, and Eastern Europe and Central Asia are excellent examples of this.
Consumer Health is a key part of Bayer and we will continue to make the necessary investments to maintain a well-balanced portfolio between developed and developing nations offering consumers around the world a range of innovative OTC products that meet their everyday health and wellness needs